Convert DOC to MOBI - online and free - this page also contains information on the DOC and MOBI file extensions.
How to convert a DOC to a MOBI file?
- Choose the DOC file that you want to convert.
- Select MOBI as the the format you want to convert your DOC file to.
- Click "Convert" to convert your DOC file.
Zamzar Pro Tip: You can use Microsoft Office, Libre Office or if you own a Mac you can use Pages to open DOC files.
EASE OF USE
Convert a file without needing to download any software, it will take just a few moments for you to get the file in the format that you require.
Converting a file with Zamzar couldn't be simpler. Upload your file, choose the file type you want it converted to and our servers then work their magic. Your file will be ready to download in almost the same time it's taken to read this text.
Security is our number one priority. After converting your file, all your files will be permenantly deleted after 24 hours.
We have a dedicated support team who is on hand to help you should you hit any issues using the Zamzar site.
Zamzar has converted over 480 million files since 2006
|Description||Doc (an abbreviation of document) is a file extension for word processing documents; it is associated mainly with Microsoft and their Microsoft Word application. Historically, it was used for documentation in plain-text format, particularly of programs or computer hardware, on a wide range of operating systems. Almost everyone would have used the doc file format, whenever you write a letter, do some work or generally write on your PC you will use the doc file format. It was in the 1990s that Microsoft chose the doc extension for their proprietary Microsoft Word processing formats. As PC technology has grown the original uses for the extension have become less important and have largely disappeared from the PC world.|
|Actions||DOC to MOBI - Convert file now
View other document file formats
|Technical Details||Early versions of the doc file format contained mostly formatted text, however development of the format has allowed doc files to contain a wide variety of embedded objects such as charts and tables from other applications as well as media such as videos, images, sounds and diagrams. doc files can also contain mail merge information, which allows a word-processed template to be used in conjunction with a spreadsheet or database.|
|Useful links||More detailed information on doc files
Free alternatives to Microsoft to open doc files
Microsoft Office binary file format specifications
Convert DOC file
|Description||The file type .mobi is an eBook format created by a French eBook company called Mobipocket which created a free software application for multiple devices including PDAs, smartphones and tablet devices. The company was bought by Amazon in 2005 and the support of the .mobi file extension was officially discontinued in 2011 with the AZW format superseding it.|
|Actions||Convert MOBI file
View other ebook file formats
|Associated programs||Amazon Kindle
Mobipocket Reader Desktop
|Developed by||Mobipocket / Amazon|
|Useful links||More Information on the Mobipocket format
EPUB to PDF
Convert MOBI file
Convert DOC file
- doc to azw3 (Amazon KF8 eBook File)
- doc to bmp (Windows bitmap)
- doc to docx (Microsoft Word 2007 Document)
- doc to epub (Open eBook File)
- doc to fb2 (FictionBook 2.0 File)
- doc to gif (Compuserve graphics interchange)
- doc to html (Hypertext Markup Language)
- doc to html4 (Hypertext Markup Language)
- doc to html5 (Hypertext Markup Language)
- doc to jpg (JPEG compliant image)
- doc to lit (Microsoft eBook File)
- doc to lrf (Sony Portable Reader File)
- doc to mobi (Mobipocket eBook)
- doc to mp3 (Compressed audio file)
- doc to odt (OpenDocument text)
- doc to oeb (Open eBook File)
- doc to pages (Apple iWork Pages Document)
- doc to pages09 (Apple iWork '09 Pages Document)
- doc to pcx (Paintbrush Bitmap Image)
- doc to pdf (Portable Document Format)
- doc to pml (eBook File)
- doc to png (Portable Network Graphic)
- doc to ps (PostScript)
- doc to rb (RocketEdition eBook File)
- doc to tcr (Psion eBook File)
- doc to tiff (Tagged image file format)
- doc to thumbnail (Thumbnail image)
- doc to txt (Text Document)